Liposomal Vitamin C: Beyond just Immune Support, this Antioxidant does so much more!
Although many only think of vitamin C when sick with a cold or for illness prevention, the potential benefits and physiological importance go far beyond this. Vitamin C supports the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body, cholesterol metabolism, is a cofactor in numerous enzymatic reactions, and is necessary for the synthesis of hormones and neurotransmitters.1
Vitamin C supports normal immune system function, possibly reducing incidence, duration, and severity of the common cold.* 2 Vitamin C also may impact allergies by reducing histamine levels.* 3 Vitamin C stimulates collagen synthesis, particularly that of Type I and III collagen which are found in bone, ligaments, tendon, skin, blood vessels, and the tissues which form our organs.* 4 Vitamin C supports the production of energy, and helps promote a balanced mood.* 5,6,7 As an antioxidant, vitamin C scavenges and neutralizes free radicals, and supports levels of vitamin E and glutathione.* 8,9
With oral dosing of conventional vitamin C, absorption decreases with increasing dosage due to gastrointestinal saturation.10 The liposomal delivery form offsets that loss and enables high-level dosing without intravenous therapy.* Lymphatic delivery via liposomes bypasses the first-pass metabolism of the liver, which increases oral bioavailability.11 Quicksilver Scientific uses Quali®-C, a premium Vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbate, in this liposomal format. Buffered forms of vitamin C such as this are generally better tolerated than regular ascorbic acid supplements by those with gastrointestinal sensitivity.*
Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ brings the power of intravenous therapy into convenient oral delivery.* Our Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ improve upon liposomal and emulsification technology with smaller, more stable particles made from the highest-grade ingredients available. In addition to exceptional absorption rates, these very small liposomal and nanoemulsified particles enhance lymphatic circulation of nutrients and intracellular delivery.11,12 The phospholipids, inherent in the liposomal and nanoemulsified formats, nourish cell membranes, promoting proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins.* 13
- National Institutes of Health, Vitamin C, https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminC-Health-Professional/, accessed Dec. 6, 2016.
- Hemilä H, Chalker E. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;1:CD000980.
- Hagel AF, et al. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2013;386:789-93.
- Tajima S, Pinnell SR. J Dermatol Sci. 1996;11:250-3.
- Rebouche CJ. Am J Clin Nutr. 1991;54:1147S-1152S.
- de Oliveira IJ, et al. Pak J Biol Sci. 2015;18:11-8.
- Amr M, et al. Nutr J. 2013 Mar;12(1):1.
- Bendich A, et al. Adv Free Radic Biol Med. 1986;2:419-44.
- Meister A. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:9397-400.
- Melethil S, et al. Int J Pharm. 1986 Jul;31:83-9.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Biomater Res. 2016 Nov 23;20:36.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 Feb 7;9:795-811
Suggested use:Take 1 teaspoon by mouth once daily. Hold in mouth 30 seconds before swallowing. Repeat to desired dosage or as directed by healthcare professional. Take on empty stomach, at least 10 minutes before meals. May be stirred into small amount of water.
Topical Use:Apply a thin layer to clean skin (avoiding eyes) and leave on for at least 10-15 minutes. Refrigerate upon receipt. Use within 30 days of opening
Quali® is a trademark of DSM.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.