Liposomal Methyl B12: Meet your B12 needs with intraoral liposomal delivery for optimal absorption!
Vitamin B12 is an essential water-soluble nutrient for the normal function of many systems of the body, as well as DNA and RNA synthesis and red blood cell production.1 Vitamin B12 plays an important role in neurological function, mood and memory, bone health, and fetal development. B12 is a necessary cofactor for the metabolism of homocysteine into methionine, and the subsequent formation of the universal methyl donor S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) from methionine. Vitamin B12 deficiency leads to the development of elevated homocysteine levels, which is a well-recognized risk factor for cardiovascular disease, and may be associated with an increased risk of cognitive decline.2,3,4
B12 deficiency is more common with age, hypochlorhydria, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, gastrointestinal bypass surgery, alcohol use, following a vegetarian or vegan diet, and use of medications such as proton-pump inhibitors, metformin, and hormonal contraceptives.5,6,7,8 Serum levels of B12 have been shown to poorly reflect tissue deficiencies, and elevated methylmalonic acid and total homocysteine levels have been seen in the majority of patients who experience a clinical response to vitamin B12.9 Methylcobalamin is the active form of B12 that is necessary for homocysteine metabolism, and as a methyl donor supports normal healthy function and the body's detoxification processes.*
Quicksilver's Delivery Systems™ brings the power of intravenous therapy into convenient oral delivery.* Our Quicksilver Delivery Systems™ improve upon liposomal and emulsification technology with smaller, more stable particles made from the highest-grade ingredients available. In addition to exceptional absorption rates, these very small liposomal and nanoemulsified particles enhance lymphatic circulation of nutrients and intracellular delivery.10,11 The phospholipids, inherent in the liposomal and nanoemulsified formats, nourish cell membranes, promoting proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins.*12
Suggested Use: Take 1 to 2 pumps by mouth once daily. Hold in mouth 30 seconds before swallowing. Repeat to desired dosage or as directed by healthcare professional. Take on empty stomach, at least 10 minutes before meals. May be stirred into small amount of water. Use within 6 months of opening. If pregnant, consult physician before use.
- National Institutes of Health, Vitamin B12, https:// ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-HealthProfessional/, accessed Jan. 18, 2017.
- Wiersinga WJ, et al. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2005 Dec 10;149(50):2789-94.
- Homocysteine Studies Collaboration. AMA. 2002 Oct 23-30;288(16):2015-22.
- Werder SF. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2010 May 6;6:159-95.
- Baik HW, Russell RM. Annu Rev Nutr. 1999;19:357-77.
- Valuck RJ, Ruscin JM. J Clin Epidemiol. 2004;57:422-8.
- de Jager J, et al. BMJ. 2010;340:c2181.
- Lussana F, et al. Thromb Res. 2003;112:37-41.
- Joosten E, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 1993 Oct;58(4):468-76.
- Alyautdin R, et al. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 Feb 7;9:795-811.
- Ahn H, Park JH. Biomater Res. 2016 Nov 23;20:36.
- Spector AA, Yorek MA. J Lipid Res. 1985 Sep;26(9):1015-35.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.