Glutathione is the body’s premiere endogenous (internally produced) antioxidant and is integral to multiple bodily systems, including detoxification. It’s also the body’s main detoxification compound and is crucial to effective immune function, yet the body’s production of glutathione declines with age, stress, and disease states. Glutathione is poorly absorbed through the gastrointestinal tract, and our Etheric Delivery™ liposomal Glutathione brings proven technology for trans-mucosal delivery of difficult-to-absorb compounds.
Glutathione is known as the “master antioxidant,” glutathione is your body’s most powerful and versatile antioxidant. Found in every cell of your body, it plays a diverse role in protecting your cells and mitochondria from oxidative and peroxidative damage and is also essential for detoxification, energy utilization, and preventing the diseases we associate with aging.
(1) Glutathione protects us from reactive oxygen species, persistent organic pollutants, and heavy metals, and it plays a role in cellular signaling and programmed cell death.
(2) Research into the mechanisms of chronic health conditions show that glutathione plays a pivotal role in the health and longevity of the subjects involved. In fact, study after study shows that disturbances in glutathione homeostasis are correated with the progression of a number of human diseases, including diseases of aging, cystic fibrosis, cardiovascular, inflammatory, immune (autoimmune), metabolic (diabetes), and neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer, Parkinson’s, and MS.
(3) Given the extraordinary amount of research indicating glutathione’s ability to promote health and longevity, it’s important to consume the most effective and convenient means of supplementation. Research shows that oral glutathione is very poorly absorbed. In fact, some cell culture research shows more than a 100-fold greater cellular uptake of liposomal glutathione formulations over aqueous glutathione.
(4). Quicksilver Scientific uses a phospholipid encapsulation system that improves upon basic liposomal technology with smaller, more stable, tightly distributed, single-layer spheres (called unilamellar vessicles) made from the highest-grade ingredients available. These small vesicles begin absorbing as soon as they hit your mouth, ensuring high absorption before they are altered by the harsh processes in the stomach and intestines. Quicksilver uses the same high-tech equipment, rigorous processes, and tight particle-size controls used by pharmaceutical companies.
By Christopher Turf, Registered Pharmacist
(1 ) Clin Chim Acta. 2003 Jul 1;333(1):19-39. Analysis of Liposomal glutathione: implication in redox and detoxifica- tion.a Pastore A1, Federici G, Bertini E, Piemonte F.
(2) Free Radic Biol Med. 2010 Dec 15;49(12):1956-68. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2010.09.023. Epub 2010 Sep 29. The critical role of Liposomal glutathione in maintenance of the mito- chondrial genome. Ayer A1, Tan SX, Grant CM, Meyer AJ, Dawes IW, Perrone GG. (3) Biol Chem. 2009 Mar; 390
(3) 191-214. doi: 10.1515/ BC.2009.033. Liposomal Glutathione dysregulation and the etiology and progression of human diseases. Ballatori N1, Krance SM, Notenboom S, Shi S, Tieu K, Ham- mond CL.
(4) Neurochem Res. 2010 Oct;35(10):1575-87. doi: 10.1007/ s11064-010-0217-0. Epub 2010 Jun 10. Liposomal glutathione provides maintenance of intracellular glutathione and neuroprotection in mesencephalic neuronal cells. Zeevalk GD1, Bernard LP, Guilford FT.